TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Aston is an excellent place to work for! Or not?......
F-Aston - 2009-11-02

Aston is a horrible company to work for. Take it from me. I worked there for 6 months, my first job in China and it was ridiculous what I was put through. First of all, the manager at the school (locally) didn't know what she was doing. She made a lot of mistakes by assuming the teachers knew what she was thinking. Her communication skills were horrible and she was quite manipulative. Not only that but the school operates illegitimately. The branch I was in wasn't even LICENSED to hire foreigners so what they do is they send you to their regional HQ and have you apply for a visa there in that city's PSB; this is complete bullshit for as you know, or may not know, the work visa (Z-visa) MUST be obtained from the city of residence/work. Because they did this, I was forced to leave the country after my contract was up with them (6 months) because the PSB officer in the city I was working for knew of the ways the school operates and told me I was on an "illegal visa and my stay was illegal". This after just finding a new job, I had no choice but to up and leave China and my new job for ONE MONTH in order to renew my visa. I had to pay for plane tickets back and forth and also make up the work I missed with the new job. After 3 weeks of emails, Aston Corporate HR decided they wouldn't pay for the plane tickets because they said that basically "Oh well, we have no responsibility once you're contract is up" (although more eloquently and riddled with corporate jargon). a complete cop out and blatant, negligence and irresponsibility. Forget Aston, look into Web International or Wall Street International. Much more professional and they won't screw you over!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aston is an excellent place to work for! Or not?...... -- F-Aston -- 2009-11-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Aston is an excellent place to work for! Or not?......

Go to another board -