TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe is a good Agency//No, it is crap!!!!
ex.baiyun.runaway - 2009-11-09

Wew!

I am privileged both to personally know the poster who has written in such a laudatory manner manner about Angelina's Cafe and the actual Angelina's Cafe itself.

Angelina's Cafe is, perhaps, the largest recruiter of them all in China for one good reason -- it is NOT a recruiter at all but a portal, a front, so to speak, for SAFEA Beijing. It collects all of the advertisements and placements known to SAFEA in Beijing and then hawks them. If it places a candidate, it receives an extremely large commission, anywhere from RMB 5,000 - RMB 10,000, depending upon the strength of the candidate. In my own personal and lengthy experiences with them, and in light of the experiences of other friends and colleagues, I find them to be lethargic at best, uncaring at worst, and bait-and-switch in all circumstances. They tend to send a new applicant a relatively long list of high paying jobs and then when the applicant inquires as to which job he or she will receive, after many weeks of waiting, the applicant is told that all the jobs have been filled and Angelina's then usually tends to offer the applicant a job for RMB 3,500 - RMB 4,000 per month in the outlying regions of the country. They are these days, by all of my own experiences, a true "avoid at all costs".

As for the poster, I was under the impression that he was in Vietnam at present. I did work with him at Baiyun Institute and I remember him vividly. I was unaware, as he writes, that he was in China 20 years. Perhaps my memory fails me.

In any case, it's the agency that we are talking about, not the poster. Avoid it!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe is a good Agency//No, it is crap!!!! -- ex.baiyun.runaway -- 2009-11-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe is a good Agency//No, it is crap!!!!

Go to another board -