TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I am sorry if I offend any one.
China Girl in Singapore - 2005-02-26

I am a Secondary 4 Chinese student studying in Singapore and I'd like to voice the truth about our education system.

Employers and schools in China are only interested in money. My parents paid through their nose to get me an education during my early schooling days in China and in return what did I get. Nothing, absolutely nothing. If they do really care about our education they would have taken the cue from Singapore.

They have Indians, Pakistanis, Malays and Chinese teaching English in all their government schools. Every major subjects taught over here is in English. They do not need any "white native speakers" to teach them English. And if we were to compare the level of English between their secondary school students and most of the English majors in Chinese universities - the difference, your guess is as good as mine.

Is that not proof enough that Non-Native Speakers are on par if not better than any ordinary white faces teaching in China. .

This is my fourth year in Singapore. When I first arrived I was shocked as my English was nowhere near any of my present classmates. My head-teacher a Chinese man was very patient with me and got me through all the difficulties.

I hope the authorities back home right the system and not judge on colours. May the teachers be the colours of my 12 beautiful coloured pencils, they are teachers. My English teacher in Singapore is not White but a respected teacher.

Messages In This Thread
I am sorry if I offend any one. -- China Girl in Singapore -- 2005-02-26
Thanks, China Girl for the Truth and a Students' Perspective -- writpetition -- 2005-02-27
Thanks -- China Girl in Singapore -- 2005-02-27
Good Luck, Little Lady -- writpetition -- 2005-02-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I am sorry if I offend any one.

Go to another board -