TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China?
onboard - 2009-11-13
In response to Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? (Native Son)

I'm going to back "Native son" on this one, since he or she is taking some flack. That anti-female Chinese manger riff was too loaded, and DID in my humble estimation did seem more than a bit misogynist.

Who cares whether the person bossing you around is a man or a woman? What does it matter if it's a female Chinese FAO or whatever in charge over a Western male? This would only seem to matter if one subscribed to a bass-ackwards notion that Western men should dominate Chinese women and the opposite is an effrontery to nature.

If must say I've had bad bosses of both genders, in a few countries, and the men have been the worse. Let's just face it, when it comes to being a prick, men have a certain advantage. Some women can out do us, but, we usually can be bigger bastards.

So, I'm with Native Son on that one, and the cunning linguist also expressed sentiments that show his head is screwed on tight. Some here have too big an obsession with Asian women, and should look at people as people first and stop giving so much consideration to the package the person comes in.

Messages In This Thread
Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Ashley S -- 2009-11-10
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- pangmei -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Ashley S. -- 2009-11-16
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Migrant Worker -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-11
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Native Son -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- onboard -- 2009-11-13
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-13
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- Turino -- 2009-11-12
Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China? -- MetalStorm -- 2009-11-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there anywhere to teach in China?

Go to another board -