TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Bluniverse current assessment
Lesley - 2009-11-19

It seems easy enough for people to put up negative comments on a school, but more difficult to get a current view accepted. I'm sure that many people, and we have met them, come to China expecting things to be done 'as we do them back in my country'. The reality is, if you are going to teach here, things WILL be done differently, and there will be 'culture shock', and one must be determined to 'go with the flow' for a certain amount of a different approach to life and business.
I would like to express my experiences as a teacher at Bluniverse Foreign Language school for the past 9 months. I have been entirely happy, and received nothing but great care and support from all the staff and management here, accepting that things are done a little differently. If we wanted things to be run in exactly the same way, why are we in China, and not back home? The school has been unfailingly supportive of me in my efforts to live and work successfully in China. Our manager has even taken time from his very busy schedule to help teach me Chinese. I have made many lovely friends amongst the staff, who have made things easy for me who doesn't speak the language, and I'm sure will be lifelong friends.
They have been willing to admit that past problems have occurred with different management systems, but I see a company striving to provide excellent services, to support their teachers, and build a modern, professional organisation.
On a basic level, the accommodation is excellent, the pay is likewise, and is always on time. In that respect we foreign teachers are surely privileged compared to our Chinese counterparts.
I have felt lucky in the choice I made to come to this school when I finished my training. Any small irritations in day-to-day functioning I believe would occur in any school, either in our home countries or abroad, .. well, in any job!
I have seen absolutely nothing that could in any way correspond to the negative aspects that are supposed to have occurred in years gone by.
Happy teaching

Messages In This Thread
Bluniverse current assessment -- Lesley -- 2009-11-19
Re: Bluniverse current assessment -- P@3 -- 2009-11-20
Re: Bluniverse current assessment -- Lesley -- 2009-11-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Bluniverse current assessment

Go to another board -