TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Release Letters/Recommendation Letters
englishgibson - 2009-11-30

If a foreign employee ends or breaks his contractual agreement in China, there are some "letters" to follow. One of them is the so called Release Letter which is supposedly to serve the PSB when converting the Z to L visa and one of them is the Recommendation Letter which is to further increase our chances for further employment.

Today, and after I have asked for my letter of release, I have been given a "letter" that is called officially "Employment Termination of Foreign Expert". And, I have been told that this was the Release Letter. This ETFEletter has a few sections where besides the personal info there is a "Performance Assessment" and "Reason of Employment Termination". Both sections could potentially be damaging for our future jobs and I am really wondering whether any of you have ever had experiences with such a "letter". My termination is for, according to my employer, personal reasons which may not be as damaging for my career in China. However, my "Performance Assessment" is, according to my employer "POOR". Again, have any of you had experiences with such "letters" and/or been given a hard time at PSB office when applying for a new work permit???

Recently, I have been told by a few employers around China that I should not convert my Residency Permit to L visa as their city/province did not do the conversions. Well, I was told to come with my, still valid, work permit to their location. Employers in Chungchung, or some others in southern guangdong have directed me in such manner, although my, from today, former employer has insisted I convert my residency permit for work to L visa ASAP as it is "illegal" to go on with my residency permit. Reason being is that I do not work (from today) for this employer. I have no pro converting it, even though I have paid for it 6 months ago. However, if I am turned to Hong Kong from some other area of China, I'll be really pissed. By the way, my residency permit is valid till next June.

Any feedback from experienced or inexperienced ones will be welcome on this one.:)

Cheers and beers to the Employment Termination of Foreign Experts letters that rock my world as some really unqualified may pass on their judgements on the well qualified that've been warmly welcome (previously)

Messages In This Thread
Release Letters/Recommendation Letters -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-30
Re: Release Letters/Recommendation Letters -- Turino -- 2009-11-30
Re: Release Letters/Recommendation Letters -- Monitor -- 2009-11-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Release Letters/Recommendation Letters

Go to another board -