TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Screwy Contract Clauses
KJK - 2009-12-03
In response to Re: Screwy Contract Clauses (Paul from Canada)

I agree with Turnoi and do not signn a contract with clauses like these in it. Yes as Paul states some schools have had terrible foreiign teachers and feel that these clauses are needed but a school needs to do work on the wording of clauses to prevent what some foreign teachers have done. A contract like this will soon be used by other schools that want to use a poorly worded contract to make/take extra monies from a teacher. I have had the experience of a schools Chinese manager telling me that she would rewrite my contract to make me work when ever she wanted to me to work and to have me pay for my own work visa and medical check up when this was to be payed by the school. The Chinese employers and the employers of many other countries are used to running anything down the throats of their workers tha they use the same "MO" on their foreign teachers regardless of what is writtern in a contract. Also be prepared tro be told today that you are an excellent teacher and tomorrow you will be told that you are a terrible teacher and be fined for it! it is mostly a power game that people play and yes it is also played here in Canada and america too.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- Paul from Canada -- 2009-12-02
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- Monitor -- 2009-12-03
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- englishgibson -- 2009-12-03
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- Racy -- 2009-12-03
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- All-knowing Truth -- 2009-12-05
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- Juggernaut -- 2009-12-05
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- Turino -- 2009-12-04
Screwy Contract Clauses -- KJK -- 2009-12-03
Re: Screwy Contract Clauses -- englishgibson -- 2009-12-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Screwy Contract Clauses

Go to another board -