TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion
englishgibson - 2009-12-10

Regrettably,I must say on record here that the EF has got more professional contractual agreements to sign than many other schools/centers on mainland. After having read scores of contracts for teachers in China, I have come to such conclusion today and I want all to know that.

On EF Fuzhou and to Mark Charters, after my research I have to admit that EF Fuzhou, in fact, is owned by someone else than the gangsters from early 2000s and possibly moving in the right direction too. Having known Mark Charters, I have to raise such possibility as this fella Mark is in this to help Chinese learn English rather than to just make his buck and go.

However, I, and probably some other on this forum, would like to know why Mark Charters moved from the EF to York School which he opened, and then back to the same EF under a different ownership there. It makes me wonder who owns that EF Fuzhou now. It isn't York School ownership, is it? Well, even if it is, it may be much better than the old EF crappy characters. Hopefully, Mark will come back on this one to clear the air.

Thanks for all your great replies on the topic I have once begun and appologies as my today's post seems like I am retracking somehow. Please understand that I have seen some dreadful contractual agreements handed to me and emailed to me in a cold blooded manner. The fact is that EF at least tries to hand some pro contracts to their employees, never mind those farce EF employers that think the skies are so high in China that nobody will notice or the ones that just go back on their word in the contract and destroy some lives of fts that have travelled miles to their job appointments.

Cheers and beers to improvements on mainland and that not only in EF but in every school that recruits fts

Messages In This Thread
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- kevin -- 2008-09-13
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-23
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- englishgibson -- 2009-12-10
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Jacob -- 2008-09-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion

Go to another board -