TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo
Trevor - 2009-12-15

Hello Guys,

Firstly i thank you for your comments... However just to let you know im not a naive person, i have been around a bit. I have previously taught in China in Shandong and enjoyed teaching in the government run senior high school there. The only problem i had was with the lies the agency told me regarding that job. This is why i am more cautious now. I wont go into it because it wasn't actually the schools fault but merely the agency i was working for.

I have found that working in China is a test of patience and understandings of how the Chinese people run organizations. It can be a little stressful but in all i do like China and have met some good people there before.

After my last teaching job in China i was offered a position in Afghanistan for which i have just finished and returned back to be with my wife who is also a teacher. I came back for the simple reason that my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first baby. So now this is the reason i have decided to again apply for another position in China. We all know there are uneducated teachers teaching in China which is a real shame which makes a mockery out of the system when you have educated guys and girls like yourselves who are genuine intelligent people.

I myself have a degree from my university in Australia in Education. I never really used this degree fully to my advantage as i completely changed my career path and became a Culinary Cuisine Chef with a Michelin Star to my credentials. I have only been teaching for a few years now as i wanted a break away from being a Chef and decided that maybe its about time i used my degree that i spent 4 years at University for.

My first teaching job was in the United Kingdom which i enjoyed. I then went to India and volunteered my services while on holiday there. I then flew to Thailand and did my Tefl Certification. After Thailand i was offered my first China teaching job. As i said i enjoyed teaching at this school but the agency was a little on the Gangster side.

I really appreciate the the feedback from other professionals on this website as it is very encouraging reading peoples views. Myself i will always take views in but at the same time keep a open mind. Cheers Guys.

Best Wishes
Trevor

Messages In This Thread
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- CSUWS -- 2009-12-14
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Trevor -- 2009-12-15
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Josh Brannigan -- 2009-12-15
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- CSUWS -- 2009-12-15
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- The Owl -- 2009-12-15
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Trevor -- 2009-12-15
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Turino -- 2009-12-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Go to another board -