TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: American accent spoken English and improving writing skills tips
Albert Mondragon - 2009-12-19

Cut me a break. 90% of the time I meet a ridiculously unqualified or undereducated FT here he/she is Canadian or Australian.The Canadians and English I've met here speak clear English, if, and only if, they are decently educated. Sadly, most of those types are not choosing to come here to China to teach English.

Very true, pangmei. China gets the bottom of the barrel in the EFL industry. It's a fact. There are many reasons for this, which I'll not go into here.
Backpackers abound, and they're doing very little in the classroom to earn their daily bread. However, they shouldn't be blamed for that - they're merely taking advantage of the bad state of the EFL marketplace in China at present. There are too many vacancies and not enough applicants with decent qualifications. This bad state of affairs has been going on now for a decade or so, and it seems as if it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: American accent spoken English and improving writing skills tips

Go to another board -