TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: American accent spoken English and improving writing skills tips
Flyonthewall - 2009-12-19

Quite a few of the Australians I've met here speak English with strong, local accents, and, rather surprisingly, many of them haven't come from regional Australian towns, such as those in the outback miles from civilisation. I've also met some Kiwis, also with strong local accents that are difficult to comprehend.
I cannot imagine how Chinese students can understand what either nationality from the southern hemisphere is saying in English. I've also discovered that the menfolk from there tend to drink too much beer and love womanising. They just live for dancing with attractive Chinese women at nightclubs until the early hours of the morning! They'll turn up for class half-asleep with hangovers, so can not teach well. That's a crying shame for the cleverer and more motivated of their students.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: American accent spoken English and improving writing skills tips

Go to another board -