TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: They are really ingrates!
engishgibson - 2010-01-09
In response to Re: They are really ingrates! (Jonathan Menzies)

Jonathan and someone else on that have brought the filthy foreigners on here. Honestly, dishonest I have also been as an EF Director of Studies before. Had I not been that, I would not have had that job for a minute. Yes, I was ashamed then and I still am. But as a manager, would you tell your applicants that your center is just a sh*t, so don't come? Then, as a recruiter that depends on that commision, would you tell that that particular employer is not to be trusted? There are just sooo many poor employers in China and for a recruiter it must be a pretty tough assignment to lie as they often have to sooo much...or, they're out of business.

Now, I don't know how this connects here, but one of my tragic experiences comes with, yet again EF, and their center that had a former Director of Studies recruiting behind my back as I was the current Director of Studies there. This happened with a full knowledge and approval from the (at that time mine) EF employer. This Canadian woman, Susanna (the former EF DoS at that center) even used my very own EF business cards outside China and in Canada. My employer passed me on the fts, mostly with no teaching experience or higher education and I ended up knowing only when the EF HQ in Boston contacted my superior at Shanghai's HQ as some of these applicants complained about the filthy Canadian Susanna. I was so furious when my EF employer Lucy told me that Sussana got paid, although I got an unofficial appology from Lucy. Stabbed in the back, I was many times there anyway, so sorry felt just like that knife anyway as well.

So, recruiters are anywhere and they opperate in any way they can to make that extra buck. This is a filthy world we're living in and in some part it is filthier than in some other. China is a really polluted place. Therefore, keep 6 everywhere you go or whomever you deal with here. Any cleanups are not likely as money is what the world turns around. Note that if you want a "clean recruiting process", spend your own money on traveling around. See for yourselves what and where, so that you do not have to listen to the bullsh*t from the hungry mouths.

Cheers and beers

Messages In This Thread
They are really ingrates! -- grate -- 2010-01-06
Re: They are really ingrates! -- Jonathan Menzies -- 2010-01-07
Re: They are really ingrates! -- engishgibson -- 2010-01-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: They are really ingrates!

Go to another board -