TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › validity of a Residence Permit
Confused - 2010-01-19

Last year I was working at a school in Hubei province, I left the school on bad terms ( I accused them of breaching the contract, they accused me of breaching it, I did not do a runner however ) I did not get a letter of release, but I applied for a job at a university in Guangdong province, i worked there for a few months. I asked the local police in both Shunde and Maoming if my RP ( residence permit was still valid ) in Guangdong, they said yes, but that I could possibly be blacklisted after June 30 2010 ( RP expiry date )

I am back in my home country now, but I have been accepted by a uni in Guangxi province. They want me to come to China by Feb 25 on a tourist (L) visa, and they will convert it to a Z-visa.

But I am worried that there will be suspicion when I have a valid RP and then a new L visa in my passport.

Should I just arrive in China on my existing residence permit and forget about the L visa? Will my new uni be able to renew it for me when it expires at the end of June? Some people have told me ( including Guangdong police) that my RP is valid no matter where I am in China, as long as it does not have a "cancelled" stamp on it. Other people have told me it is illegal to transfer to another employer using the same residence permit.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
validity of a Residence Permit -- Confused -- 2010-01-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › validity of a Residence Permit

Go to another board -