TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China: Why not buy a home?
englishgibson - 2010-01-27

Silverboy, I completely agree with you that homes sold after built is the way to go. Also, buying a home should have some kind of a developer warranty as for these cracks/leaks in walls, uneven floors etc

Now, I am stuck with an incorrect blueprint and a home of a 150 square meters that has apparently changed to 160 square meters with the local authority taking a closer look at it. Told that I'd lose my home if I didn't agree to pay for the 10 square meters difference, I am feeling the Silverboy's advice here.

Most importantly on this topic, Chinese government and banks are hand in hand and developers come into the circle pretty well here. Banks routinely lure their customers to invest in real estate and their reps are well trained to do so. So, no wonder why the Chinese real estate sector is booming. This is a well planned economy we're dealing with. Amazingly, Chinese do not care much about their empty buildings as they often are owned by banks/government...nobody loses. When you buy a 10 years old home, you'll know you'll be reimbursed by some local gov office that'll've mandated you to move out in another 10 years after that. How could the government lose when they pay just as much as they've spend building the project? Peoples people often are the suckers and they sure cannot complain. I've seen how they are treated when a knock comes on the door to move out. I've lived in one of these kinda doors myself.

Moreover on topic, buying a home in China provides you with a pressue to find a job in the area and such a job search may have to be compromising if you aren't in a major city of China. Remember that your residency permit on mainland isn't as easy as it seems and if you want to be legally allowed to work, you'll have to find an employer first (in the area). However, if you've got some cash under the pillow, you'll be just fine with an L visa enjoying your fine Chinese built home somewhere.

Cheers and beers to my blue print that i'd love to replace for blue labatt instead now :)

Messages In This Thread
Re: China: Why not buy a home? -- englishgibson -- 2010-01-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China: Why not buy a home?

Go to another board -