TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What's the deal with "F" visas?
englishgibson - 2010-02-21
In response to Re: What's the deal with "F" visas? (Scam Revealerq)

our esl discussion forums are to agree and/or disagree, aren't they? there's a lot to write on boards, but little to do when we get in trouble at times. i guess the next few years will tell which visa's better, won't they?
currently, there are quite a lot of fts having issues extending their RPs (residencies for work) in china and the ones that wish to change employers that they have disagreed with come to mind most of all. yes, my coworker and i are some of them. we've got a bad rap from the most recent employers and so may not "qualify" for another RP. had we kissed our employers' arses, we probably would've gotten that much needed recommendation letter, but neither of us had got near that stinky area. :) looks like these kinda cases have to break to these forums first to set the alarm off. or, are we overeacting a bit? the F or spousal L is we're looking for, although our employer wishes for F. mind you the school's got their legal permit to hire fts. really, i see the legal issue there, but i've seen a legal issue in my previous employer's filthy handling of my RP. the local PSB would've given it even to anyone with a foreign face..really!

cheers and beers to our views on topic of which visa should we have or want to have :)

Messages In This Thread
Re: What's the deal with "F" visas? -- englishgibson -- 2010-02-20
Re: What's the deal with "F" visas? -- Scam Revealerq -- 2010-02-21
Re: What's the deal with "F" visas? -- englishgibson -- 2010-02-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What's the deal with "F" visas?

Go to another board -