TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there
helmut wingnut - 2010-02-28

There's still a problem with the "blame the teacher" attitude showing up on this board. Torino (not Turnoi) wrote:

greedy,dishonest employers are deserving of less qualified teachers.Actually, the
former deserve performing white monkeys, and that's mostly what they get!

I think the reality is something different. While those employers do deserve unqualified teachers, the real problem is that they often do get qualified teachers and treat them like performing monkeys. However, this is NOT restricted to private schools. Public schools also find plenty of excuses to put teachers on stage, photograph them, make the do English Corners etc,. and in each case the teacher is expected to be a spectacle.

But, to clear up the private versus public school education debate. I feel private schools are a good idea for teaching English as a foreign language. The problem is the way they are run. But, do you think that YOU or people you could choose were to run a private school that it could offer excellent opportunities for those serious about learning to speak English? I'd say yes.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there -- Turino -- 2010-02-27
Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there -- helmut wingnut -- 2010-02-28
Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there -- Turino -- 2010-02-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why blame the teachers who worked there

Go to another board -