TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CHEAT something about salary
Outahereasap - 2010-03-01
In response to Re: CHEAT something about salary (Terry Johnson)

Joking apart,sir:

AFTER CONSIDERABLE ACRIMONY,AND MY THREATENING TO STRIKE,including V switching off his cellphone when I tried to call him, childish, to say the least, there have been some major developments! Fact is,I'd have gone on strike if he hadn't called me subsequently. Ultimately, he has agreed totally with my interpretation after we discussed in detail what turned out to have been unjustifiable 'alterations' to the contract he tried to impose on me after the event - NOT CRICKET, old boy and totally unacceptable, in my view!
In truth, the 'contract' had more holes in it than Swiss cheese, as well as quite a few contradictions!
So, V eventually had no choice but to eat humble pie and write another authorisation of payment slip to satisfy my demands, which included paying me 1/2 of the flight allowance at this time, rather than the lot at the end of the 10 month contract, the latter having been the original agreement as per contract, but after all this crap I insisted I got 1/2 now, as a lot of my original trust has been eroded, in the aftermath of the shabby treatment given me.
The way I see it, the change in the flight allowance clause I insisted on, and was granted, is a kind of insurance for me, in the sense that were I to be fired, fairly or otherwise, the school would lose money hiring my replacement - the agent's fee and other costs asssociated with replacing me would greatly exceed the cost of 1/2 of the flight allowance, now owed to me by the school.
Fairness at last. I'm NOT expecting any more bad treatment, that is, if they've any sense at all, but my assumption could be wrong - we'll see!
As is said, you can't cheat all of the people all of the time, But all this crap has left a bad taste in my mouth. So I'll be outahere as soon as my contract is up! I'm sure I can find a school that knows what it's doing when it composes contracts, and subsequently treats its FT's well, even though this is China! One thing's for sure, I ain't no snivelling, grovelling weasel!

Messages In This Thread
CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-02-26
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Terry Johnson -- 2010-03-01
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-03-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CHEAT something about salary

Go to another board -