TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman?
Jock Millar - 2010-03-04

Try taking your Chinese wife back to your homeland with you for a vacation. More likely than not, you and she will undergo a grilling by the visa clerk at the visa office in Beijing. If you don't own property in your homeland nor have proof of a job to go to there nor have a very fat bank account, chances are she'll be turned down, and in any case her visa application fee is non-refundable. Same applies if she applies for a two-year residency, but the fee in that case is much heftier. Let's be aware that our own foreign offices are unfair too, not just the Chinese Foreign Affairs Bureau. I'd even go so far to suggest that our visa offices are very unfair. At least, Chinese visa offices only charge visa applicants vus fees if they provide them with visas, not if such applications are rejected! That said, there are a few Western countries with enlightened governments whose visa offices don't practise racism nor apply means tests to visa applicants nor automatically pocket all visa application fees in this globalised world in which it has been made much easier for products to cross international borders than people.
The benefits of marrying Chinese women? I can think of many, but I won't go into details here! But some readers would disagree with me. And some of them would say that there are no benefits whatsoever marrying any woman, be she Chinese or not!

Messages In This Thread
What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- Migrant Worker -- 2009-12-11
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- razor -- 2010-03-04
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- Jock Millar -- 2010-03-04
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-05
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- Jock Millar -- 2010-03-05
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-06
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- Jock Millar -- 2010-03-06
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- Birdman -- 2010-03-04
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- HireEd -- 2009-12-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman?

Go to another board -