TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman?
Jock Millar - 2010-03-06

I'm sorry about coming over a bit terse in my post, but I was annoyed. I have no problem with what you say, but I do have a problem with the British visa and immigration laws. If you'd ask the man in the street for a vacation, you'd find that he'd assume it was an automatic right. In fact, it isn't, and I for one think that's despicable!
I met up with an immigration lawyer back in the UK with my Chinese wife to discuss the way to go for a two-year green card. Said lawyer described the British Foreign Office's polices way down the league table of developed countries when it comes to applying human rights. As it happened, my Chinese wife disliked the racist attitude and lack of friendliness shown by some British people towards her while we were on holiday in the UK. Though those people were not particularly well educated, I still apologised to her for that. Just to finish off, I'll say that the arrogant civil servant at the visa office in Beijing had suggested that my marriage certificate could well be a forgery. Though he knew he'd lose brownie points had my wife overstayed her tourist visa in the UK, he needn't have come out with that kind of crap! Chinese marriage certificates needn't look like British ones.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman? -- Jock Millar -- 2010-03-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman?

Go to another board -