TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools.
Monitor - 2010-03-15
In response to Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. (I'm no nitpicker!)

It really annoys me when the washing machine in your apartment does not work, the toilets are blocked, the shower tray is
cracked, the air-con/heater does not work, and these problems take ages to be rectified, but every day there is someone mopping the floors and cleaning windows. Typical of the Chinese! Focus on the things that don't matter,
ignore the things that are important!

Precisely why approximately 50 percent of westerners working in China cannot bear it for any length of time! Remember that you have chosen to immerse yourself in a totally different culture, and things don't change here overnight, even though there is rapid development these days. You may find after you've been here a long time you'll get less annoyed. But whether that's a good thing or not is a different matter entirely!

Messages In This Thread
Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- I'm no nitpicker! -- 2010-03-15
Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-19
Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- Smitty -- 2010-03-18
Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- Monitor -- 2010-03-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools.

Go to another board -