TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools.
Smitty - 2010-03-18
In response to Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. (I'm no nitpicker!)

Anytime that I am given sub-standard piece of equipment that involves electrical power in China, I get a power cord, and then set the item in question in the shower and turn on the water. After the water is running, and I am at a safe distance, I plug in the power cord so the electric goes into the appliance, fan, microwave, etc. I also make sure that the circuit breaker is locked out with duct tape so that the switch stays open as the TV, microwave, or other item cooks nicely. After I am completely satisfied with the successful electrocution of the condemned appliance and finding no pulse, I disengage the power, and then remove and dry off the item in question. After the smell from the electrical fire is removed via the bathroom exhaust fan, assuming there is one, I call for house keeping staff or repair people to come check out the item and normally they replace it since they can see that there is clearly a problem with the item.

Messages In This Thread
Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- I'm no nitpicker! -- 2010-03-15
Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-19
Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- Smitty -- 2010-03-18
Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools. -- Monitor -- 2010-03-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Annoying things at Chinese universities and schools.

Go to another board -