TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Subject To Medical? NO!
Relative Newbie - 2010-03-28

A public college offered me a SAFEA contract to sign, which I did. There is NOTHING in said contract that says the job offer is subject to a medical. I've been teaching for a week. Now the city Waiban director has insisted I take a medical to be eligible for my RP. He has refused to accept my previous medical, which I had taken in my homeland some four years ago! My previous college was a private one that agreed to my condition of no medical before signing the contract. That was in another city. The dean took my passport after my arrival there. I got it back one semester later, with an RP. The RP from the other city is still in-date - it started late, so finished late! I'd taught there for two years, and previous to that, for two years in Shanxi. I had refused to take a medical in Shanxi, after having been badgered by the FAO, a little Hitler, to do so on account of the (manageable) high blood pressure detailed on my medical from abroad . Now,4 years on, I'm being pressurised once again to take a medical. I have refused, because the contract I've signed has no 'subject to medical' clause. That's their oversight. However,I have generously offered to take an HIV test. The school waiban came to my college apartment at 1:30 am the other morning to plead with me to take the medical. But I'm sticking to my guns, and have threatened to report the college to SAFEA if they fire me for not taking a medical, which is not a stipulation of the contract!

Messages In This Thread
Subject To Medical? NO! -- Relative Newbie -- 2010-03-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Subject To Medical? NO!

Go to another board -