TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: A Great Job
Ed Callaghan - 2010-04-05

In brief, I am trying to communicate the message that those conditions that you describe for your school in China may be reasonably convenient but in accepting and taking advantage of them, you also "volunteer" to be under mother's care again. And my question is: Isn't it time to grow up?

And my answer is that I have no problems with the college's curfew as I'm not a nightclubber nor someone who likes painting the town red. I'm in my early thirties and used to living the quiet life. So, the restrictions on my movements well after dusk, and my visitors having to clock in and clock out, do not annoy me in the slightest. I can understand the restrictions are there for my safety and to ensure that girl students do not get involved with foreign teachers in, shall we say, an inappropriate way. Even if I had sufficient funds to live outwith the campus, I wouldn't do it. To me, that would be totally unnecessary and a waste of money.

I reiterate that I've found a great job in China, and I wish I'd come here a decade ago!

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Great Job -- Ed Callaghan -- 2010-04-05
Re: a real rollercoaster ride of ups and downs?! -- Alain -- 2010-08-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: A Great Job

Go to another board -