TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A Bad Situation For Sb!
FT - 2010-04-09

A new FT, first time in China, arrived at the school where I am teaching, a couple of days ago. He arrived late because he waited in his homeland until he could get the Z visa before flying to China, though the agent had asked him to come earlier on an L. He bought return air tickets! He was hoping to get a job in the provincial capital through the agent who had arranged the paperwork necessary for him to get his Z. But the agent could only find a job out in the sticks for him. Maybe bait and switch, I dunno! Now he wants to pull a runner because of many reasons. He had signed a contract with the agent, not the school. The contract has no penalty clause, as there is a completion bonus instead.But he owes the agent around 500 Yuan for putting him up in a hotel in the provincial capital for 2 days. One of her flunkies took him there, for 2 days nobody visited him, and he can't speak any Chinese. The agent also paid for his medical in China, and is in the process of arranging his RP. He barely has enough funds to return to his homeland at this time. He is afraid the gatekeeper will call the school FAO when he tries to take his luggage out the gate. He wants me to help him get his baggage out tomorrow.He will bus it to the provincial capital, about 5 hours away, transfer his departure air ticket date tomorrow, costing anotrher 75 GBP, and hopefully be out of the country before alarm bells start ringing here at our school. As his Z visa is in date by about 26 days as of today, and he has no RP yet, he should get out okay, it will revert to an L. I've tried to dissuade him from leaving,but he won't listen to me. I fear he might try to commit suicide if he can't get out fast. My Chinese wife will enquire about the bus times for him at the bus station today. He'll need to take the first bus out tomorrow so that he has enough time to catch the plane. He was going to get a friend to send him an e-mail claiming his mother was at death's door, but he's worried the school can see his e-mails in and out, and won't believe what he claims anyway! He came here with Scottish money, but he can't exchange it! He should have known that before he came! He didn't realize either that a bank telegraphic transfer requires at least 10 days to be enacted! He had taught for 1 year in Japan previously. He'd be happy to work in the provincial capital, but not out in the sticks, contrary to me! He needs KFC grub, K-OK bars, foreign male company in numbers, and no 11.30 pm curfew. He's in his 40's,and will lie to his father that he couldn't get a job,after returning to his homeland, because he doesn't want his father to be angry with him for having wasted the money given him out of pa's pension savings!He is obssessed with cleanliness,and maybe needs male company,as he's never married! What a bad situation here for him! HE DIDN'T DO HIS HOMEWORK BEFORE COMING HERE!

Messages In This Thread
A Bad Situation For Sb! -- FT -- 2010-04-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A Bad Situation For Sb!

Go to another board -