TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!
Yingwen Laoshi - 2010-04-12

I was talking about the different types of persons who commit the act, and not the act itself. As I said before I am against the act of plagiarism and in fact, hate it, but at the same time, can sympathize with a person who commits the act as a last resort because of severe pressure brought on that person by others.

It's similar to someone hating the act of murder, and not excusing it, but yet sympathizing with a person attacked by a group of aggressors who are trying to seriously harm said person, for no reason, who somehow manages to kill one of their aggresors while fighting them off. Now, would it not be quite possible to hate the crime but still at the same time, sympathize with the original victim? Sympathizing with the original victim, need not mean that you believe the original victim was necessarily right to kill one of their aggressors, nor would it necessarily mean that you believe that they should go unpunished for doing so. All it would definitely mean is that you understand why they killed their attacker, and feel a significant amount of sorrow that they had to find themselves in a position in which they felt they had to act in the way they did.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-04-12
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- LNC -- 2010-04-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!

Go to another board -