TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: teaching requirements
Juanisaac - 2010-04-13
In response to teaching requirements (Ozzie)

From my experience, it does not matter what degree in China you have, if any, the aspect of our jobs is to act as a teaching assistant to facilitate language practice between the students. I have been called a "teacher's assistant," been told that "what I teach does not matter," and so on. So, from a high school to Ph.d degree what we teach does not matter. Besides, we are all a bunch of idiots in their minds, nevermind that half of what they use in their lives comes from the West. The only reason I stay are because of my students for I enjoy working with them. The kicker was when of them told that I could probably not pass one of their English tests. Obviously by the way they write Chinglish they dwarf anything I can write. For what the Chinese want, a degree does not matter. But for what they should want, I beleive that one is needed. I can go to a Chinese dentist and hope that his daddy trained him well, but at least in Western countries some measure of competency is assured when those sheep skins are handed out. But the Chinese know everything, and if one can deliver what they want- go for it, degree be damned.

Messages In This Thread
teaching requirements -- Ozzie -- 2010-04-10
Re: teaching requirements -- Juanisaac -- 2010-04-13
Re: teaching requirements -- Sanitize me! -- 2010-04-12
Re: teaching requirements -- Rin -- 2010-04-11
Re: teaching requirements -- No degree for me! -- 2010-04-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: teaching requirements

Go to another board -