TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!
Yingwen Laoshi - 2010-04-13
In response to Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! (Oswald Sinclair)

Yes, Oswald, I stand by that statement. I would be tempted if I was weighed down with the amount of work that is shoved onto the backs of many Chinese university teachers. The temptation would be powered by my need for rest from being overburdened, though, not by a desire for monetary profit. I didn't, however, say that I would do it! As I hate plagiarism, it would be unlikely that even in those circumstances, that I would actually succumb to it.

Why have I posted under a Chinese username? I honestly, can't remember, as I chose that name about five years ago! Actually it's not a real Chinese name: it's a job title. As for that being an indication that I want to be Chinese, what nonsense. Do all our students in China choose English names because they want to be American, or British or whatever?

Ok, I do admit, my statement that you quoted could be clearer, and it could be construed, by some, that I'm making excuses for cheats. however, if you look at the context, and my subsequent clarifications of how I stand on the issue, you should be able to see, that I was not making excuses for dishonesty.

Just because somebody understands why somebody commits an illegal act, under trying circumstances, it doesn't mean that they support them in such an endeavour, that they believe that person was right to do it, nor does it mean that they believe that said person should be exonerated from punishment.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Oswald Sinclair -- 2010-04-12
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-04-13
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- The Skilled One -- 2010-04-13
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Oswald Sinclair -- 2010-04-13
Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions! -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-04-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Plagiarism in China is one of their traditions!

Go to another board -