TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teach Legally in China
Oldtimer - 2010-04-20

One the one hand, you call posters like me a China basher when critisising things that should not happen while at the same time you would be prepared to do an illegal thing like that? That somehow does not make sense to me...

I didn't say you were a China basher, but if the cap fits, you can wear it!

Don't make unnecessary trouble for yourself! ,
A lot of people would think like that, but in the end it's a kind of opportunism to take the easy way. So, for example, if your boss asks you to do an illegal thing and to teach without the necessary permission at and in hand, you will do it because your boss is asking for it instead of protesting and say: "No, that's illegal. I won't do it; I want to respect Chinese Law, let's work on that paper stuff first, it's part of our job, too!" My my, what a weird thing.....

Most FT's are pressed into teaching without RP's by their Chinese employers for up to 3 weeks. There are some reasons for ths, which I needn't go into here. But I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds me. China is full of corruption anyway, it's no big deal, and many FT's here think as I do.

With all respect and fairness to you - isn't violating Chinese law (by not respecting it) a bit of China bashing, too?

As I said earlier, it's the employers who are pressing their FT's to teach before Their RP's asre issued and given to them. The Chinese side has instigated this - I'm not going to make trouble for myself with a Chinese employer on account of this, especially when my fellow FT's are happy to go along with our employer. I'm not going to go out on a limb when they won't!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Teach Legally in China -- Oldtimer -- 2010-04-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teach Legally in China

Go to another board -