TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: dress code
sandalman - 2010-04-27
In response to dress code (Styleman)

"A Chinese TA should also be in attendance at every class to ensure that FT's don't pollute the minds of young Chinese students."

I want there to be purpose in my life. No, I want there to have been purpose in my life. Well, actually, I want both. I want not just to be witty now, Mark Twainish as it were; I want a reflection that transcends normalcy while at the same time is seen as having created thought. Acceptance is nice, but thought reverberates, creates waves while ebbing and flowing, and I want those who have come and gone in my life to have ridden those waves with me. I want them to reach out as I have, even if they find themselves to have grasped nothing but thin air. If they do that, they will at least have extended and in so extending will have created ripples. And those ripples? Well, maybe they will have changed something and maybe that thing that they have changed will have long lasting, positive and far reaching, unimaginable consequence.

I think it a challenge for every FT in China to move their students out of the doldrums; to be, as it were, a soft wind that blows away the sediments of pollution that have already settled in their minds. Yet, it would seem that you would have us believe we need monitoring lest we move our students beyond normalcy. I couldn't disagree more; moreover, I am left wondering what goals you bring to your classrooms beyond the expectation of your students regurgitating through rote memory the crap to be found in the majority of textbooks used in English classes here that are foundational at best. Consider that an inquiry.

Sandals are comfortable. Ties are stifling. Relax, dude.

Messages In This Thread
dress code -- Styleman -- 2010-04-24
Re: dress code -- Rin -- 2010-05-03
Re: dress code -- Turino -- 2010-04-28
Re: dress code -- sandalman -- 2010-04-28
Re: dress code -- sandalman -- 2010-04-27
Re: dress code -- hobo -- 2010-04-25
Re: dress code -- Bum -- 2010-04-25
Re: dress code -- Andrew -- 2010-04-25
Re: dress code -- sandalman -- 2010-04-27
Re: dress code -- Andrew -- 2010-04-27
Re: dress code -- Duckling -- 2010-04-27