TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Late Pay
Oldtimer - 2010-05-09
In response to Re: Late Pay (Reconciled)

A true story for you: In 2006 I was teaching at a state college alongside an Aussie male and a Filipino. We were continually being paid late. I had quizzed the FAO why, only to be told the accountant was the reason, and nothing could be done about it, a feeble excuse! After 3 months, I decided to arrange a meeting with my two foreign colleagues to threaten strike action. You see, we were being paid between a fortnight and a month late, month after month, totally unacceptable imo. But my two colleagues refused to act in unison with me. They wouldn't even attend the meeting I had set up. The Aussie said he was not short of cash coz he had gotten a second job, without informing the college, by the way, which was contrary to his teaching contract. I said that we should think of those who would follow in our footsteps, and get the late pay problem solved. But they wouldn't hear of it, a pair of wimps. I sorted it, by telling the FAO the Aussie was trying to arrange a strike meeting. Well, we were paid the next day, and the Aussie wimp was let go at the end of his contract, though he had wanted to extend it. The Filipino, who wouldn't say boo to a goose, was the only one of us kept on. I didn't ask to be kept on, I knew my goose was cooked in any case, as I'd been teaching there without a Z visa and an RP for two terms! Then again, I didn't want to stay there. This may be an extreme case of late payment, but I kid you not, it did happen! I'm sick of meeting so many self-serving grovelling weasels among the FT's I've met here in China. They do annoy me, in truth they're scumbags!

Messages In This Thread
Late Pay -- Yukon -- 2010-04-28
Re: Late Pay -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-08
Re: Late Pay -- Oldtimer -- 2010-05-08
Re: Late Pay -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-09
Re: Late Pay -- Ratter -- 2010-05-10
Re: Late Pay -- Mouser -- 2010-05-13
Re: Late Pay -- Oldtimer -- 2010-05-09
Re: Late Pay -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Late Pay

Go to another board -