TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion
joe - 2010-05-10

As some one with a degree in history and not English, I have come to be able to teach English in China by self-improvement and study. A degree in something, tells or should tell an employer that you can learn new skills. Besides, if you have a degree you should have taken English 101 and a few other courses that taught you the difference between and noun and a verb, or I would think. You can take it from there to be a better teacher. Besides if China is the educational black hole of the world, let us not continue this self-perpetuating joke of non-teachers and backpackers coming from the West. It took me a few months to convince my present school that 1) I was not a skirtchaser 2) I was not a pedophile 3)That I actually see myself as a teacher first and not the foreign town drunk (they have one already). They are having me do trainings for their primary school English teachers now.
As the world economy, not just the Western economies come down further, I hope the Chinese have the sense (a big hope here) to choose better teachers from a bigger pool of qualified and knowledgeable teachers.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-09
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- joe -- 2010-05-10
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-10
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Joe -- 2010-05-11
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- With Uni Degree -- 2010-05-11
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- been there done that! -- 2010-05-10
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Rin -- 2010-05-15
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -