TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is it their culture, really?
An Enlightened One - 2010-05-11

Traders and businessmen/women are regarded as socially less desirable according to Confucian doctrine because of their "egoism" they need to show when wanting to be successful in business. They actually rank low on a scale of various social groups (mandarins/emperor, peasants, manual labourers in a certain trade, merchants), and that is also what applies to those running crappy training centres.

Still then, they build on the traditional Confucian concept of group over individual priority although they actually serve their own interests and not those of a group at large,

See what I mean?

No.I don't see what you mean. I must disagree with you, just as that other poster has. Training center bosses are operating independently of each other, not as a homogeneous group. They regard themselves as superior to their lowly employees. This has been the state of affairs here for thousands of years. The society operates like a serfdom. The bosses do not tolerate any criticism from their employees, and the latter know their place, no doubt about that!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is it their culture, really? -- An Enlightened One -- 2010-05-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is it their culture, really?

Go to another board -