TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is it their culture, really?
Ivory Tower - 2010-05-12

Yes, it is a contradiction. The problem is to do with a lack of morals and lack of decent cultural values, like the OP said, not that rubbish about Confucianism ( which I find appalling ) that you spoke about. Chinese training centre owners know that what they are doing is wrong, they only think about money when making decisions, Confucian "values" have nothing to do with it.

It is pure and simple greed and exploitation. A greedy Chinese person is not much different to a self-serving Westerner. A greedy training centre owner is only concerned about what they percieve to be his or her "individual and personal right" to make as much money as possible in a very rapacious manner.

Narcissicm also has a lot to do with it. Greed is greed, in a collective society or an individual based society. My name is Ivory Tower, and I sometimes feel that you are living in one Turnoi.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is it their culture, really? -- Ivory Tower -- 2010-05-12
Re: Is it their culture, really? -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-12
Re: Is it their culture, really? -- Extc -- 2010-05-12
Re: Is it their culture, really? -- Foxy -- 2010-05-13
Re: Is it their culture, really? -- Extc -- 2010-05-14
Re: Is it their culture, really? -- Foxy -- 2010-05-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is it their culture, really?

Go to another board -