TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Web International WARNING
Reconciled - 2010-05-12
In response to Re: Web International WARNING (robotmonkey)

I'm personally familiar with web, and had an interview with them a while back. They asked for a 1 hour demo class, which I gave. The teachers and staff there are a joke, surprised I would want any more than 10 minutes to design a last minute lesson plan that was good enough for an hour class. I had to use their materials to work off of, which were crap, and required much more work to make it work, something they didn't get. They have their own curriculum, which I must say is a joke, some of the worst materials I have seen, and you can't use your own. The classes are a full "hour" long, you have 5 a day, that's a ton a teaching. You must be there at all times in between classes, so you work a 40 hour week. For that you might make as little as 7,000, depending on where you are teaching. I said no, as I did not like the staff there, and the materials were such crap I didn't want to have to work with them for an entire year. Also, 25 "actual" hours a week sounds like a major drag to me.

Over all I was not impressed with the place, and in general it's just another lousy private training center.

Messages In This Thread
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- robotmonkey -- 2010-05-10
Re: Web International WARNING -- twoside -- 2010-05-10
Re: Web International WARNING -- englishgibson -- 2010-05-13
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- robotmonkey -- 2010-05-10
Re: Web International WARNING -- RyanESL -- 2010-05-11
Re: Web International WARNING -- twoside -- 2010-05-11
Re: Web International WARNING -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-12
Re: Web International WARNING -- twoside -- 2010-05-14
Re: Web International WARNING -- englishgibson -- 2010-05-15
Re: Web International WARNING -- robotmonkey -- 2010-05-11
Re: Web International WARNING -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-12