TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week?
Floored - 2010-05-14
In response to Who won't PT schools pay by the week? (Reconciled)

I know what you mean. Chinese seem to be completely inflexible in most things. It's either there way, or the highway, regardless of whether what you want is reasonable or not. I think it's a control thing, they don't want to be seen to lose any power or control, so they never give in. I also think that they really want more control over you. If they hold back paying you they can rest assured you'll stick around until you at least get paid. I guess it makes some sense, if someone is simply working for you hourly, and owes you no fealty. At the same time, they owe you none, and you are there doing a job, without any guarantees. I think it's perfectly reasonable what you're saying, and I've noticed the same trend, which is why I don't do any more part time work either. When they are so insistent that you be paid monthly, even if your only working 2 hours a week, somethings fishy, and I wouldn't trust them at all.

Messages In This Thread
Who won't PT schools pay by the week? -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-14
Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week? -- Turino -- 2010-05-14
Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week? -- Floored -- 2010-05-14
Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week? -- wilson -- 2010-05-14
Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week? -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week?

Go to another board -