TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Harbin GAC-ACT SCAM
Anon ymous - 2010-05-14
In response to Re: GAC-ACT SCAM (Turino)

I am a British teacher who recently quit the Harbin GAC School as a Conscientious Objector. I have worked in ESL for years, but this Center in Harbin was doing everything they could to stop us from actually teaching the students anything.

Among the other allegations, they were writing the answers to the ACT Test on the board. I am not sure the staff even knew what they were writing, they were just told to copy a form on the board during the test. As far as I know it's against international law to falsify governmental paperwork and submit it to a governmental agency, and the ACT is a US Government Form.

They change the organization so often that on Monday and Wednesday of each week the entire schedule changed. By the end of the 12 weeks, we usually had not even covered half the material. Of course they had a final test which they had to take and they were of course unprepared to take it. The Owner Hellen Wang Yun's answer was to simply change the scores on the test to Passing, have the staff re-write all the essays and submit these to the Shanghai office.

Well the Shanghai office noticed the obvious cheating and sent an inspection person, but instead of actually inspection SHE HELPED THEM CHEAT. She FIXED their cheating so that it looked more presentable and then submitted the forms herself.

The final straw was when they told me that none of the items in my contract would be honored, including Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, and my Annual Bonus. The owner created a list of rules that entirely CONTRADICTED the Contract and her GIANT Chinese Assistant brow beat the foreign teachers into signing it or we would be immediately fired and deported.

The GAC Corporate has completely lost control of it's GAC Centers And I recently found out that Wang Yun (Helen) Previously owned the Harbin Police College that was shut down for guess what? Falsification. Now she is using her sister's name on all of her documents because the Chinese Government has blacklisted her from running education centers.

The ACT Shanghai has opened an investigation on her and her Center and from an American friend I have been told that the US Government has started a file on her. It's only a matter of time before the Chinese government steps in.

Messages In This Thread
China: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-01-09
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-04-09
Re: GAC-ACT -- Jim Smith -- 2010-03-25
Re: GAC-ACT -- Smitty -- 2010-03-25
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-27
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-26
Re: GAC-ACT -- Sun Carol -- 2010-01-25
Re: GAC-ACT -- J Melbourne -- 2010-03-24
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-27