TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week?
Turino - 2010-05-14

There is no such thing as an ESL community, where those who are employed would support one another.

I agree totally!

At one time I would gladly offer practical help and advice, and I used to think that I would help anyone. But reading the vitriol here, I conclude that I'm better off ignoring the cretins!

Try to ignore the vitriol. We shouldn't let the cretins sicken us. There are FT's among the ESL community employed in the less prestigious areas of the Chinese education system who are not cretins, but are in need of sound advice.

Morons! telling us that our degrees, ESL qualifications and experience are superfluous, or that their goal is to cause trouble.

Morons, yes indeed, as there are throughout the whole spectrum of society, not just in the teaching profession.

The good news is that I will never have to work with these people!

Sorry to read that! Many of us have to, on account of our mediocre or non-existent academic credentials. But we don't let that sour us here.

In conclusion, I thought I'd post what it says on Dave's ESL Cafe about the China discussion forum there in the introduction. You'll note that said forum's moderators have deemed it necessary to give its posters a warning. But on said board's EFL discussion forums re other countries, there are no such warnings! It appears that China EFL discussions seem to evoke vitriol among posters too readily, on there too, as well as on here!

China (Job-related Posts Only)
Posts that are not job-related will be removed

Moderators Mr. Kalgukshi, joe, Writerman, Revenant, BearMan

Messages In This Thread
Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week? -- Turino -- 2010-05-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Who won't PT schools pay by the week?

Go to another board -