TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Harbin GAC-ACT SCAM
englishgibson - 2010-05-15
In response to Harbin GAC-ACT SCAM (Anon ymous)

so, harbin police college is yet another example of the GAC centers supported by the ACT-GAC head office in shanghai and the ACT headquarters in the US. it's unbelievable this american owned company can and does actually get away with such a scam of sending the local high school dropouts to a country that claims it vehemetly fights illegal immigration and that scrutinizes so many that wish to enter the country. the list of the GAC centers around china out of which some are "blacklisted" proves the ACT-GAC headquarters and its management are on this greatest scam in the education as the chongqing owens foreign language school's and/or harbin police college GAC centers have never been "blacklisted" and most likely never will be. here's the famous international GAC list again where only "selected" centers are blacklisted (cannot be entered)
http://www.actinternationalservices.com/en/aesl/gac/atc.html

on the chongqing GAC, it offered american ACT exams to the local high school dropouts before they entered the GAC courses and during their GAC courses and both practices are against the company's regulations. moreover, it directed fts (me) to administer multiple GAC tests (4, 5, and more in retakes) which also is against the company's regulations. after i informed the headquarters of these practices, i was forced to resign..and, my life has been greatly affected on mainland now.

i have no doubt this company and the local authorities are on this filthy scam. i also believe the US government is as easy as it can be and the ACT headquarters in iowa have no problem to continue recruiting for the great american colleges in such a need of money. also, this is the time to be filthily desperate as the world's economy is so unstable. sadly enough we are going to see western unis flooded with foreign students out of which some are not as bright or qualified to be there as they should be. the most important qualification for western higher education in some places seems to be the money and the american as well as australian colleges seem to be a standout. ironically, this ACT-GAC company has its (blind) subsidiary in australia as well.

finally, let me note that one of my former ACT GAC coworkers and i have received some rather peculiar messages that were to disencourage and threaten us not to participate in these online discussion on the topic. further more, we were not to question the company's practices, its academic material and the ways it has been founded on mainland. note that i have actually received annonymous threats and even pics of someone that's got slashed although survived.

cheers and beers to internet and our experiences that are hopefully going to shake the foundations of the great white house :)

Messages In This Thread
China: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-01-09
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-04-09
Re: GAC-ACT -- Jim Smith -- 2010-03-25
Re: GAC-ACT -- Smitty -- 2010-03-25
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-27
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-26
Re: GAC-ACT -- Sun Carol -- 2010-01-25
Re: GAC-ACT -- J Melbourne -- 2010-03-24
Re: GAC-ACT -- englishgibson -- 2010-03-27