TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ongoing degree holder bashing
rubbishman - 2010-05-16

You really need to get over yourself Turnoi, do you really think that any of us great unwashed out here are jealous of you? FYI, I have a degree that is totally useless for teaching. The only way that someone can become a good teacher is by practical experience. I am of the opinion that a teacher must complete at least 1000 classes before before they start to become quite competent. A "teacher" with an MA or even PhD is useless if they have poor communication skills.

IMHO, yourself and the cunning linguist poster really are academic snobs. I have been in China for five years, and I bet I can teach every bit as well as that cunning linguist poster. I suspect that the cunning linguist poster is working at a so called "top ranking" university in China (what a joke! ), it may be the reason for his smug and high and mighty attitude.

I have noticed that you have said before that you would not employ a teacher with no degree. What about a teacher with 15 years experience and no degree? You would overlook him/her in favour of a fresh graduate? Seems to be a pretty illogical and strange attitude to me!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ongoing degree holder bashing -- rubbishman -- 2010-05-16
Re: Ongoing degree holder bashing -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ongoing degree holder bashing

Go to another board -