TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Irreconcilable Views and Vitriol
Duckling - 2010-05-17
In response to Re: Irreconcileable Views and Vitriol (Reconciled)

Yes, You're right. The posts of Turnoi and Cunning Linguist are written in such an arrogant manner that they give other readers the distinct impression those two posters are trying to lord it over the rest of us mere mortals. At the same time, they divulge information that they needn't, to indicate their academic standing, and in the case of Turnoi, his financial independence and authorship of textbooks. Everything they post is designed to reinforce their perceived status of superiority.But on the other hand, he is quick to berate those who dare to toot their own horn,which is happens to be one of his shortcomings!
Whenever they take on a contentious issue, they are in trouble: though giving the impression of being experts in the field of EFL, neither are, as they've only worked at the top end of the industry.
But do they deserve all the vitriol that they have received on account of their snobbish attitudes? Some would say being derided on a public board is too cruel a punishment! Anyways, I'm glad I'm not in their shoes - that's my take on what's happened and why.

Messages In This Thread
Irreconcileable Views and Vitriol -- Duckling -- 2010-05-17
Re: Irreconcileable Views and Vitriol -- Reconciled -- 2010-05-17
Re: Irreconcilable Views and Vitriol -- Duckling -- 2010-05-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Irreconcilable Views and Vitriol

Go to another board -