TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Face the challenge, and do your own thing!
Smartie - 2010-05-24

I think it will be a difficult task for me to improve my teaching of writing, and one that needs time. That's something you don't have if you're thrown in at the deep end. And first impresions mean much in the classroom. Once you are looked down upon by your students, your position is irretreivible.
The dean of the English Department has not asigned the classes well. He should have let the other foreign teacher do the writing classes as he's gotten a major in English in his Batchelor's Degree. The dean will of course be aware of our respectful qualifications. I can teach oral English without loss of face amongst my students. I have no degree in English, I just can't teach writing coarses well.
In fact, I don't want to teach writing. I'm not qualified to do it. Oral English is within my academic limitations. I'm happy doing that.
Thanks just the same for your advise. It could be useful to some of the other readers.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Face the challenge, and do your own thing! -- Smartie -- 2010-05-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Face the challenge, and do your own thing!

Go to another board -