TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Our Qualifications and Jobs
joker - 2010-05-27

I would like to add my two cents worth, regarding the use of fake degree's, to teach in China or to use them to find work anywhere in the world, for that matter.

First of all, I do not have a degree but I have earned diploma's in other areas of study, no one can take that away from me, I earned them, mind you, it took me a few years to achieve these diploma's but I am proud of my accomplishments.

Let me take you back in time while teaching an oral English class in Jiangxi province. My lesson for the day was to teach students, how to write a resume in English, chronologically, (all of you should know how this is done),emphasising that, being honest,while putting your resume together, is of great importance, when an employer is reading your resume, he/she, is forming an opinion of you and your qualifications, for a possible position in their company.

I mentioned to them that, if you have a degree, more power to you,put it in there, if you do not have a degree, say so but if you do state that you have a degree and is hired for the position and found out later, that you have lied, there is a very good possibility, that you will be fired on the spot and will suffer the consequences, when seeking another job, elsewhere.

At present, I am back in my homeland, due to an untimely death in my family but would like to return to China and continue, teaching oral English.

Due to constant changes being made by the government there, such as age and having a degree, I have found it to be difficult, to obtain a position, to my liking.

After reading threads, regarding the use of fake degree's, in order to get a job there, I thought it might be a good route to take, considering, that many others are doing so. How many?, I do not know but you know who you are.

I had a degree made up by a friend of mine, a simple degree, in general arts, when it came time to attach this fake degree, my subconcious mind took me back to that day in class, I couldn't do it.

My feeling is, if I don't have the qualifications, experience and background to teach in China or elsewhere, then I shouldn't be there.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Our Qualifications and Jobs -- joker -- 2010-05-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Our Qualifications and Jobs

Go to another board -