TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How to get a complimentary release letter
Yingwen Laoshi - 2010-05-30

I think you should lighten up! I knew you'd hit on 'kwams', that's why I misspelt it for you! Well, you've been saying that I'm a fraud. For doing what? Buying dinner once a month for certain Chinese folks without asking for specific favors? BTW, it's MY money, not yours, so I'll spend it as I please!

Can't you envisage a newbie trying to do his (or her) best in the classroom, but having some complaints from students, and being unable to judge the gravity of such complaints? No Chinese employer will say to such a newbie, don't worry, you'll be fine if you persevere! Things can change, just like the weather! I'm trying to help borderline laowei folks to get a little edge to keep them here longer so they can improve

I never said that "you would be fine if you persevere". My inital posts to you were to encourage you, because I did realize that you were having a hard time of things. I simply recommended a different approach that would take you further, and that would not only save you money but help you make more money in the long run.

Instead of appreciating this advice you got all huffy, defensive, and pissy. Your attitude indicated more selfish intent in your actions than I had first envisioned so I decided to let you know what I thought of your actions.

How long or where can mean absolutely nothing re teaching prowess. Certain schools will only pay air fare reimbursement if a ticket is first bought by the FT. Don't buy one, don't go home, and maybe you can stay for a long time somewhere despite pretty average teaching - do I have to spell it out? The school can save MONEY! Are you in an ivory tower?

Ok you say that you deliberately spell badly. Now is the above a deliberate attempt at incoherence? "If spelling it out for me" means writing coherently, in properly structured English sentences, then, yes, you do "have to spell it out to me".

It is not difficult to get a contract renewal in China. Just, stick to your contract and focus your efforts on improving your teaching instead of wining and dining the leaders and you'll do a lot better. Yes, it's that simple, believe it or not. As I said, to Turnoi, a green one-legged gnome could prosper in Chinese schools without having to Kow Tow to those above him. Why is it so hard for you to take a simple bit of advice? After this I think I'll try to sell ice to Eskimo's, I think I will be a lot more successful at that.

You accuse me of fraud, and if I were to get a glowing report, of using it to defraud the next employer. Absolute garbage according to any country's laws! Unlike you, CL didn't take the bait - he can see that my writing skills didn't equate with my deliberate spelling mistakes. BTW, I have a Bachelor's degree, and teaching experience in the West. What's more, I've never been a cinema usher. Seems you've been the subject of an entrapment. The News of the Screws has entrapped Fergie. Do you think she'll get sympathy for that? Course not! You neither! A little later, I'll give you another revelation, another real shocker, stand by for it! In the meantime, get off my back, and Turnoi's too!

Now you're really going of the rails. Is this fresh example of incoherent babble another "entrapment"? It's a handy way of explaining away poor writing and reasoning skills; claiming that it's some subtle, master plan. What has "C.L" or "Fergie", or you being a cinema usher or not, got do with our discussion? I made no comment whatsoever about any claim that you made about being a cinema usher. You must have me confused with somebody else. If you want to write nonsensical information about yourself, then that's your business, but, please, "entrapment"? The only entrapment here is what you are doing to yourself with your incoherent rambling. The bottom line is, you cannot take simple advice, without having a piddle fit.

Messages In This Thread
How to get a complementary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-22
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Colonel Fallows -- 2010-05-27
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-05-27
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- englishgibson -- 2010-05-27
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-05-27
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-27
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Yingwen -- 2010-05-27
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Smarty -- 2010-05-27
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-05-28
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-29
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-05-30
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-30
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- neutral -- 2010-05-30
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- englishgibson -- 2010-05-26
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-26
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- englishgibson -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Juanisaac -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- ks -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Wow! -- 2010-05-26
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- englishgibson -- 2010-05-24
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Perky -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complimentary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- ignorant Chinese -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-05-24
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-24
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-05-23
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Juanisaac -- 2010-05-24
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- Smartie -- 2010-05-24
Re: How to get a complementary release letter -- happy hooker! -- 2010-05-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How to get a complimentary release letter

Go to another board -