TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Not getting my degree until August but want to teach in Sept.
Smartie - 2010-06-03

You're a funny guy, Justin, you've not done your homework re China! Even if you come over on a Z visa, you can't start teaching legally till your Chinese employer has gotten you your Residents Permit. Z visa is permission to enter mainland for the purpose of teaching, not to start teaching here. So, my advice to you since you don't wanna be 'illegal' is, don't come over in the 1st place! As for me, I don't give a damn about being illegal, but even so, I'm casting pearls of wisdom before you. I hope you're not a swine, for your sake!
Your employer has up to 30 days of your entry date on your Z to get you the RP. If you disappoint him, on probation, as it were, he will not get you the RP. Then you're in trouble. The Z will 'revert to' a 30-day L. If I were you, I'd have no qualms about being illegal for a few weeks!Up 2 u!

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Not getting my degree until August but want to teach in Sept.

Go to another board -