TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Linyi Normal University
michael - 2010-06-04
In response to Re: Linyi Normal University (Grow Up)

ok, I see. I can face your attack.

First, I did apply for teaching in primary school, with kids.
They gave me this job after the interview, so blame the uni, not me. I gave them my website in resume, I talked with them in English with my accent.

But this is not about teaching - actually I had a good time with students,
and anyway my English is better than their teachers. My one year spent there definitely helped to improve student's English.
If you are a good teacher, you know that teaching is not only about native language - I've attended some classes leading by Americans - believe me, nobody cares if they could speak perfect English if they coudn't teach at all. It was terrible - no pedagogy skills, no contact with students, no motivation, no positive energy. If students don't like a teacher, they won't learn. I don't speak English perfect, but I can teach on this level. I wouldn't do it for advanced students. And I like this job.

Second - I'm not complaining for teaching. Even the school had no teaching plan (changing the schedule every few weeks), it was ok for me. University even don't know how I taught, they never checked me, they didn't care.
I'm warning others not about the job, but how they treat you.
I know I still need to work a lot on my English, so I accepted those terrible living conditions and small salary.

Linyi tried to change contract conditions several times, always on my disadvantage.
They tried to avoid payment for winter holidays, travel allowances, they changed payments dates, they required additional job for free,
they didn't give us Xmas and New Year holiday - and all we had in the contract. Even to receive monthly salary I had to fight for it.
All this cheats, lies, changing the contract rules, not showing on appointments, hanging off the phones, not informing you about the changes, broken promises, all this "tomorrows" etc. - it frustrated and stressed me too much.

Unless my feelings are standard in China, so in your opinion it should be obvious that universities treat foreigners like piece of s**t?
Sorry, but if you respect yourself, you wouldn't accept it.

Nobody complain for this Uni???
I know other teachers from Linyi, some of them are native speakers. Most of them are not happy, some have left, but I have no idea why they complained to me, not on this website?

have a nice day:)

michael

Messages In This Thread
Linyi Normal University -- michael -- 2010-06-03
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Grow Up -- 2010-06-08
Re: Linyi Normal University -- michael -- 2010-06-09
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Foxy -- 2010-06-05
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Gozimus -- 2010-06-05
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Grow Up -- 2010-06-04
Re: Linyi Normal University -- travelinhobo -- 2010-06-05
Re: Linyi Normal University -- michael -- 2010-06-04
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Linyi ex teacher -- 2010-06-08