TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Just an Observation re TC FT's in China
Still Unimpressed - 2010-06-04

All the same, I have observed that as a rule the written English of training centre defenders and inhouse critics, especially, is much inferior to that of other posters.Don't you agree?
As for how that equates to teaching whatever kinda English, I don't know for sure, but I'm not dumb.
I'll say this, we as foreign teachers of English here are generally expected to accept students speaking and writing Chinglish. Well, let me say that Chinese students can accept spoken and written Chinglish from Chinese teachers of English. So, what the hell are we needed here for?
You have stated that you're a teacher of writing at a key university here. I wonder why you now come out with this 'theory' of yours, that implies that bad written English on here is unimportant. Are you now trying to make excuses for certain categories of FT's here, in particular TC foreign teachers of English?
You're full of surprises, methinks!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Just an Observation re TC FT's in China -- Still Unimpressed -- 2010-06-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Just an Observation re TC FT's in China

Go to another board -