TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Not getting my degree until August but want to teach in Sept.
Smartie - 2010-06-04

Let's stay on topic, shall we, as you have suggested! As per the subject of your initiated thread, teaching in Sept. You DID say that you're not interested in teaching ILLEGALLY. So, given the LEGAL situation re teaching in China, and what you have said, might I be so bold as to suggest that you obtain an assurance from your uni that they won't force you to compromise your principles, coz I know FOR A FACT many Chinese employers will!

If you don't respond, that's okay by me, coz other readers who truly don't want to teach illegally and those who are prepared to do so can get useful information by reading the following:

Let me reiterate for everyone's benefit that foreigners should not do any teaching until they have their Residence Permit in their possession. No ifs and no buts, that's the law. Probationary periods, if any, are irrelevant!

Let me add for those who are more trusting than Justin that: teaching illegally for a matter of a week or three is very unlikely to result in prosecution, as your employer has a vested interest in preventing this happening.Obvious to me, but obviously not to all!

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Not getting my degree until August but want to teach in Sept.

Go to another board -