TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean?
Ambientman - 2010-06-07

It seems overall, it was a 95.3, or 95 point something. Regardless, the score seems really good. But when I said that to the lady at the FAO she replied "If you think so" in kind of a patronizing kind of way. So I said: 1. "How many points is this out of?" "100" was the response. 2. I also asked, "What is a good score in a typical Chinese UNI". The response was "students try to get over 90." Now to my knowledge, based off of experience talking to students, many are happy with over an 80. Just like in the states. So this seems like a great score to me! But she just could not bring herself to say it was a good score, it seems.

I was middle of the road out of all the teachers. 4 or 5 out of 10 (or maybe it was 11). We've discussed our scores and students generally like all the teachers (minus one) and I must admit, I am in good company here. All the teachers are skilled and work hard. We have a teacher with a phd, a teacher who graduated with an English teaching degree and a BBC reporter, among others. So I am happy to place somewhere in the middle of the pack with a mid 90s score with the teachers we have.

But what does it mean in the long run? Is this a good sign for the future? Will it impress other schools?

Is a 95 good id at your UNI?

Messages In This Thread
I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean? -- Ambientman -- 2010-06-07
Re: I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean? -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I got my teacher evaluation score from the UNI, what does it mean?

Go to another board -