TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The vision for a better world of ESL
Juanisaac - 2010-06-08

I also share your dream of more philanthropy, especially in China where not everyone's needs can be met by the family. I told my girlfriend that I hope some well meaning people can teach Putonghua to the people in our small town who still do not know it. I've met quite a few of these people, and as of now they can't leave town for better opportunities. These people range from the middle aged to older adults. English for some industries would also be good for some other people.

I've also met China's "nouveau riche" with the money of Bill Gates and the manners of Charlie Chaplin. They are rich and can do and say whatever they want- pity. These guys won't do a damn thing for the rest of the Chinese. One Chinese beggar outside my school was in the crouching tiger position waiting for alms. He saw me and sprang from his feet with an outstretched hand so that this rich foreigner, as most China think we are, would give him something. I told him not to ask me but some of the parents near the front gate waiting inside their BMWs and Land Rovers. My heart is rich but my pocket is poor. Well I actually said, "no money, sorry."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The vision for a better world of ESL -- Juanisaac -- 2010-06-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The vision for a better world of ESL

Go to another board -