TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo
Nick Pellatt - 2010-06-19
In response to Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo (englishgibson)

No, I wouldnt happen to be the foreign Phd guy. I 100% dont have anything to do with Buckland, or recruiting either. Absolutely, categorically not. Like I said initially, I am happy for anyone to add me on Facebook (same user name and there arent many Pellatt's) if they really wanted to 'check me out'.

With regard to my contract. I went to China in December 2009, and signed my contract one week after arriving. I signed for one year, which as you correctly noted, hasnt yet expired. I gave notice on my contract early in May as I have had to return to the UK to address some financial issues with my estranged partner and 18 year old son. For this reason, I have 'suspended/terminated' my contract early and I left China on June 5th and am currently writing from Eastbourne, UK.

I say suspended or terminated as I am not totally sure what my future plans are yet. Omeida do want me to return later this year, around October. Assuming I can address my finances I may return although I am also considering a move to another country. If I do not return to China, it will be for reasons of professional development, which I have stated in the Daves thread you have linked. I want to work for British Council approved schools and get involved in teacher training in the future, prolonged stays in China are unlikely to help me reach that goal.

With regard to that thread on Daves, as I posted there ... I do actually know the OP personally, and I believe I have answered his post in the same balanced way I have responded here. Although it may seem biased in favour of the employer, this is actually because I actually believe the posts there (and here) are unfair based on MY experience, which has on the whole, been positive. Whilst I accept some people prefer to use different user names, I post here and on other forums using my own name ... foolish to some people perhaps, but Im a straight up guy and dont have anything to hide.

I know you have been around a bit, and I dont mind at all that you are unsure of my motives and question me over them. I hope the above clears up the contract issue that was unclear...I left early.

Also, I dont know anything about any issues you had previously with Odar, and it would seem that as the thread has been deleted, I cant read the previous posts. All I have stated is what was in my contract, and presumably all contracts that have been issued since the date I signed. Obviously I cant comment on anything that happened before then, and can only comment on what I have seen/experienced. That experience has been pretty positive, but I have still listed negatives about Omeida in a previous post. Ill stand by these 100%.

Im just trying to offer a balanced opinion, without hiding behind a username...based on the truth as I have experienced it which I hope answers the OPs question clearly ... Omeida and Yangshuo might not be for everyone, but for me ... I think it was pretty good. Your 6th sense has failed you this time :b

Messages In This Thread
China: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- C -- 2008-10-22
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Michael -- 2010-11-23
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-06-17
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-18
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-06-18
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-19
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-06-19
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Angie -- 2009-12-10
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Trevor Furner -- 2009-12-13
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Ex-tc -- 2009-12-14
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- CSUWS -- 2009-12-14
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Ex-TC -- 2009-12-11
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Monitor -- 2009-12-11
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Ex-TC -- 2009-12-11
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Laurence -- 2009-12-10
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- CSUWS -- 2009-12-10
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2009-12-11
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2009-12-06
Re: Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Ex-TC Teacher -- 2009-06-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Go to another board -